Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the first day of Christmas

 
MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME......
 
December 1st is always the day for us to drag the Christmas decorations down from their hiding place
Today we started off with some German Christmas biscuits and Carols to set the mood
 
The kids were really into it this year and did a great job
 
There was a little bit of messing about
 
 
But I think they are definitely old enough to do a pretty good job now


Here she is all finished
And I didn't have to rearrange too much
(not like last year)
This beautiful heart is from Austria - one of my prized Austrian glass decorations - a gift from a dear friend who lived there for about five years.
 
A sweet Angel - from Russ designs
 
Gorgeous Santa from Earthborn
 
 
And this is this years new creation !
A branch from my Tropical Birch tree propped up in a pottery vase (a birthday gift from my potter friend Ange) decorated with baubles, birds and butterflies.
 
Sweet bluebird on my birch branch
 
And this little girl is from last year too (courtesy of Pillow Talk - again half price) -  I really love her, so sweet she is...
 
 
Lucys snow globe
 
(accompanied by china bell and present from Bed Bath and Table
And every child needs a snowglobe - they were a Christmas Eve gift last year for the kids (courtesy of Myer).
 
Olivers snow globe
Accompanied by the reindeers - purchased from Bed, Bath a Table, a couple of years ago now (always at half price)
 
So that is it, the 1st of December has been and is almost gone.  The countdown is now officially on. 
 
I have started some sewing for christmas gifts but cannot say too much here in case the wrong person reads it.......
The lights are up on the front fence (one measly strand)
And the shopping has begun, still a way to go though
I am yet to find a place that I am happy with to hang my Advent Calendar I made last year
This year our tree is in a different room, I have moved it from the loungeroom to our outdoor entertaining room -  and I have to say I am liking it, a lot !
We will see it a lot more from this position and we already had our Christmas lights up in the outdoor room - they stay there all year.
 
So, have you put up your tree and found your Christmas cheer?
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails