Monday, December 31, 2012

Just some of this years creations

 Butterfly canvas done together with Lucy for her bedroom wall
 
It's been a busy year with my two jobs but I always seem to manage to fit in some time along the way for sewing and craft projects.
The butterfly canvas above was made using paint chart samples from Bunnings, old sheet music and some old atlas paper.  I cut the shapes using a butterfly paper punch and stuck them on using a hot glue gun. If I am near a Bunnings store I always pop in to replenish my stash as they are so useful.  They are great for decorating this and I particularly love to make gift tags for Christmas with them.
 
Ipad bag made for my Mums new gadget
 
The ipad bag evolved with some great recycling of a denim dress.  I used the middle section of the dress incorporating the waistband and the buttons down the front and just added a pretty top with a floral green cotton.  The straps were easy as I used the tie belt that came with the dress.  
 Owl made for a friends daughter who simply loves owls to bits
 
Another of my owls, made with recycled denim for the body front, cute cottons for the front and wings, chenille for the back and felt for the eyes
Knitted slouch hat
 
I don't knit often, but was successful in making a slouch hat which I gave to my Mum (it suited her better than me)
 Winter pj's for the kids

Pj's are always a great quick thing to make, I usually buy the tops from target to go with them.  I have started adding large hems on the legs so I can let them down the following year and get at least two seasons from them. 
Cushion for my daughters little friend who adores horses
 
I enjoyed this little project for my daughters friends 8th birthday.  Made with recycled denim for the front and the love heart was done with left overs from Lucys pj's pants.  I quilted the love heart to add interest and hand embroidered her name with embroidery cotton. Another original handmade gift, gotta love it as it costs next to nothing and no one else has one.
Appliqued Towels for christmas for Allie, Liam, Aidan and Nicholas
 
The towels were christmas gifts for my niece and nephew and our neighbours two boys.  I was pretty happy with the result - the towels are really lush and quite large.  I bought the towels from Pillow Talk and used the cotton fabrics from my stash for the applique. 
 
A burlap, lace and pine cone wreath for our front door
 
And lastly here is my new christmas wreath, I used a foam ring that I had in my Christmas stash - probably purchased from a $2 store if I remember correctly.  I wrapped it with strips of hessian and hot glued the pine cones onto it.  I then simply wrapped some old vintage lace around the remainder of the ring and tied a lace ribbon on top to hang. 
 
 
So another year is almost over - only hours left in fact
 
Happy New Year to everyone out there in craft land!
 
See you next year
xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails