Saturday, November 17, 2012

I'm back - with a little stitchin"

It's been a while.  A long time between posts.  I still read my favourite blogs most days, but working and family life make it hard to find time to blog.  However, I wanted to share some pics of my most recent project.   My neighbours son is having a birthday on Monday.  He will be turning 9.  He is a master creator, an engineer in the making.   He loves to make things from cardboard boxes, you know, cereal boxes, toothpaste boxes and the like.  A few months ago he created a little dog like creature.  He drew it onto some A4 paper and filled it in with little squares of paper (bottom photo).  I thought it was so cute.  So I secretly got his Dad to photocopy it for me and I stashed it away in my sewing room with a plan to one day create something for him using his own design.  So that has now come to fruition.  I have turned his paper creation into an embroidery and mounted it on a canvas to give him as a wall hanging for his bedroom.  I am excited.  I love giving handmade gifts.  I love that he makes stuff.  And he is always interested in the things I make and shows a lot of appreciation for hand made stuff. So I hope he loves it as much as I do. 

1 comment:

monkeemoomoo said...

I absolutely loooove this! You are so thoughtful:)

So glad to see you back blogging again. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails