Thursday, November 22, 2012

eleven is our lucky number !!

Postscript :  I wrote this post two years ago but never published it.  I think I just never got around to adding the photos and then forgot about it.  So it was a nice surprise to actually stumble across it today in my drafts folder, quite by accident.  It was even more special  to find it today as today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  And I wrote this draft two years ago on our 11th wedding anniversary. 

My husband was born on the 11/11/66 - all multiples of 11.
On the 11/11/99 he turned 33 - again multiples of 11.
Eleven days after his 33rd birthday we got married - the date was the 22/11/99. We got married, just the two of us, on Hamilton Island. It was a perfect day. No fuss, just simple, we didn't need anyone else.
The wedding date was not planned to be a multiple of 11, it just turned out that way and I don't think we noticed for quite some time that 11 kept appearing in all our special dates.
So you would think that after all the multiples of eleven that on our eleventh wedding anniversary we would do something super special to celebrate ??? No.
It's another ordinary work day for him today and I have jobs piling up left right and centre.
But last night he cooked the four of us a lovely dinner and made a super special trifle to mark the occasion.
The simple things in life are often the best.
The children each picked their favourite coloured jelly. He made chocolate custard. And he dug out the left overs from the freezer of the kids recent birthday cakes. He chose a nice big bowl and assembled the most colourful trifle complete with cream and cherries and toasted almonds on top. Then he put sparklers on top and lit them - it was really special.
Thank you to my dear husband, for eleven years of love, laughter and friendship. But most of all for our two beautiful children.
And just to add to the number eleven thing, when we did IVF to conceive our babies, the doctor retrieved 11 eggs. I remember waking up from the anaesthetic and checking the back of my hand (the nurse told me before going in to theatre that she would write the number of eggs retrieved on the back of my hand so I would know straight away). I could not believe my eyes when I saw our lucky number eleven. And then when I was finally positively pregnant, I was told my estimated date of delivery was, can you guess, 22nd November.
As it turned out they were delivered early on the 5th of November - but I wasn't going to argue about that as I couldn't wait a minute longer to meet them both.
Our miracles - Lucy and Oliver

 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Anniversary to my beautiful husband  x x
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails