Thursday, August 4, 2011

Opportunity Opportunities

It's so hard sometimes, not to take the opportunity, when you are at an opportunity shop, to buy that "bargain". Cos if you don't buy it, someone else will. My Mum works at an op shop, unfortunately it is in Victoria, but she gets some great stuff, and most of it she pays $1.00 per article. Yep, you heard right, ONE DOLLAR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Unfortunately here most op shops are way overpriced. Mum got these old canniesters from work, probably for $1. She very kindly gave them to me when I went home recently.
She also got me this gorgeous vegetable dish, I serve our steamed vegetables in it all the time. And soon we will have a lovely supply from our new vege garden.
I bought these cases recently, the bottom one was from a garage sale. The middle one was from an antique shop on View Street, Bendigo. And the little one on top I got from the op shop in Yandina. It is an old school case and oh so cute !
This retro looking desk I got for my son Mst O from the Endeavour Foundation warehouse at Kunda Park. It cost $50, if Mum had gotten it from her op shop it would have been - yep - $1.00
I found this set of six retro espresso coffee cups and saucers at the markets in Yandina on the weekend. The whole set cost me $8 which was okay. They are quite groovy.
My husband enjoyed a coffee in our new cups, I can't wait to use them for a dinner party.
I also picked up a gorgeous little old Brother typewriter for $5 from a garage sale, the kids love it to play on it. They had no idea what it was. I used to have one when I was a kid. I love to hear the tap tap tap sound of their little fingers on the keys. I also picked up some vintage Dr Seuss books, I love these. And so do my kids !!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails