Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Italian Doughnuts a must

My husband is a Masterchef fan and he also got hooked on My Kitchen Rules earlier this year. He made a fantastic batch of the Italian Doughnuts pictured above that the two Italian ladies, Daniella & Stephania made on one episode, and I highly recommend you have a go at them - they are truly divine. I warn you though, once you have eaten these doughnuts you will never want to eat any others - the texture is beautiful and very different to normal doughnuts, possibly because they have potato in them. So go on, have a go, you won't regret it. Follow the green link above for the recipe. He did not make the chocolate sauce, and I don't think you need it, but it's up to you.
These ones are his first batch in March, they were to celebrate the official opening of our neighbours new cubby house, they were a huge hit with the kids and adults alike.
The second batch were cooked whilst down in Victoria visiting my parents. Nephew Mitchell was pretty impressed as you can see in the two pics above.

1 comment:

monkeemoomoo said...

Your husband is a gem. I remember that episode. YUM! I got a deep fryer for christmas, I might try these out very soon. They look delicious:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails