Thursday, December 9, 2010

An apple for the teacher ?

AN APPLE !!!!! Not likely. It's handmade all the way thank you.
This is what my kids gave to their teachers and teachers assistants
to say "thanks for a great year and for all your hard work"it's hard to know what to give
they don't want chocolates or flowers do they ?
so, a little handmade goodness was in order
the kids were excited to hand them out today
and I was content that this gift will not be thrown away.
They are a great little stocking filler. Great to have on hand already wrapped for the people that give you a gift when you don't expect it.
You can hang them on your tree, pop them in the undies drawer, hang them in the wardrobe, hang them in your car, pop them in the linen closet, stick them in the toilet or just about anywhere. You could even use a few of them to make a mobile or garland/bunting.
You can personalise them with initials if you like, add ribbons or any other embellishment you can think of. You can use all kinds of fabrics, and be clever and recycle. A tea towel, tablecloth, hessian, corduroy, old denim, lace, chenille just to name a few.
I have stuffed these with polyfill, added a few drops of Moroccan Spice oil (from spotlight for $2 a bottle) and also a cinnamon stick and a star anise (from the herb and spice section in the supermarket.
Couldn't be more simple.
I have a funny feeling the teachers for the next 15 or so years will be getting these. Of course, I may have discovered something else by then.

5 comments:

aimee @ lily pad designs nz said...

very cute! I was actually surprised how big they were when I saw the kids with them! if I was their teacher I would have been rapt! well done.

Photography said...

They are nice! Didn't realize they were that size till the last pics. I'd love one , sure the teachers will be delighted!

Leah said...

They are lovely, and the smell sounds delicious!

monkeemoomoo said...

These are so gorgeous. Our teachers just got rumballs (same as last year)

Naturally Carol said...

I just popped in from the Clip Cafe where I read your interview. The hearts are very pretty...all the best with your new stall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails