Saturday, November 20, 2010

Recycled Denim

My nephews' christmas gift is done (pictured above)
It's the first of many handmade christmas gifts I need to achieve before December 25. He apparently wants a corner in his bedroom full of big pillows where he can just flop down and read (so his Mum tells me). So this is what I have come up with. A huge cushion - 80cm x 80cm - made from recycled denim jeans and skirts, and a bit of chenille and cotton fabrics thrown in to break it up a bit. I am pretty happy with the result - hope he is too !
close up of the fabrics
Some other ideas for designs using recycled denims
this one is made from waistbands
necklace using denim and lace So don't throw out those old jeans - recycle

1 comment:

Photography said...

Lovely cushion - I so love uniqueness and you are all that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails