Thursday, October 28, 2010

MASTERCHEF !!!!!!!

Yesterday, before I got stuck into sewing for Mammas Markets, I did some cooking. I cook every day (except on weekends when my husband takes over - yay!). It was our dinner which we eventually ate that evening, but firstly it had to get photographed for a new magazine that is about to hit the Sunshine Coast. I can't say too much more at the moment but I can give you a sneak peek. I just hope that the photos they took look better than mine. My husband had the great idea of using the banana leaf on the platter. Two minutes before the photographer is due to arrive I plate up and then take this photo, I SMS it to my husband with the message HELP !!! I was struggling to get it looking right. He suggested the asparagus were too long, and there was too much chicken on the platter. And I hear a knock at the door, the photographer has arrived, it's too late. I feel like a contestant on the Masterchef - my time is up, and I have to stand away from the dish. So, that was that, the best thing was no-one had to taste it - what a relief. Actually, it wasn't too bad, I have cooked it a thousand times before, it's my mother-in-laws recipe, a home styled szechuan chicken dish that you cannot buy in a restaurant. I have to say though that my husband can cook it a thousand times better than me, maybe he should have been the star chef. I will post the recipe on my blog when I get around to typing it up - one day !

2 comments:

Photography said...

Sounds exciting can't wait to hear more :-) And the dish looks very yummy too... making me hungry but my roast is still cooking in the oven right now :-)

monkeemoomoo said...

All this food is making me hungry, hungry, hungry!

It all looks so good, I can't wait until you post this recipe. It looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails