Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Asian Fling

I have been wanting to share some photos of our recent trip to Malaysia / Singapore. It takes time to go through the photos so I will do it in stages. One of the highlights on this trip was shopping at Kamdar - a textiles store in Mid Valley Mall in Kuala Lumpur. I managed to get myself lots of nice Japanese cotton fabrics for my eva mei & me shop. Can't wait to get sewing but I still have unpacking to do and also I need to pre-wash all the fabrics before I can get started. I took this photo in Chinatown, Singapore. Chinatown is full of places to eat and some lovely old buildings that are so brightly painted as well as a museum that has reproduced the cramped living conditions experienced by a lot of the Chinese that lived and worked in their shops. Another street scene in Chinatown, I love this type of architecture. This is a shot of the back of the Hotel Capella on Sentosa Island, Singapore. I borrowed this photo from the internet as my camera was playing up and we were here at night so it was difficult to get a good shot. My husbands cousin took us here for an amazing dinner. I will add more about the meal on my next blog This is one of the famous black and white British Colonial style houses in Ipoh, Malaysia - my husbands home town. It has been converted into a restaurant/guest house type establishment called "Indulgence" and according to my mother-in-law (who WAS lucky enough to eat here - TWICE !!!) it sounds exactly just that, one huge INDULGENCE of amazing food, with most of the ingredients flown in from around the world. I was not fortunate enough to eat here however we did drive past and I must say I wanted to bring the house back to Australia for my very own. Sadly it was not a very good photo opportunity as we were travelling in convoy on our way to an 80th birthday dinner for dear Aunt Lillian. So I borrowed this photo off the net as the British Colonial buildings in Malaysia and Singapore are a favourite of mine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails